With all the wars happening in various parts of the worlds, some people have become curious about the military planes used to win respective battles. Military planes play a vital role in warfare as they are used to survey enemy locations and destroy enemy equipment among others. Various countries in the world develop their own military planes.
Based on armament, stealthiness, range, speed and technology, we have listed some of the best military fighter planes in the world:
1. F-22 Raptor (USA)
F-22 Raptor is a single-seat all-weather stealth fighter aircraft operated with twin engines developed for the US Air Force.
- Almost invisible to radar which increases in survivability and lethality in any enemy threat
- Carries an array of powerful weaponry which includes short, medium and advanced medium-range missiles as well as ground attack weapons
- With engines that have increased durability over other modern engines, can super-cruise and with exceptionally high thrust-to-weight ratio
- Exceptionally maneuverable and with sophisticated aero-design that can outmaneuver all current aircrafts
- With capability for electronic warfare, air attack and ground attack
2. Super Hornet (F/A-18E single seat and F/A-18F double seat) (USA)
Super Hornet is a twin engine aircraft that is a variant and better version of the original F/A-18 Hornet by McDonnell Douglas.
- Considered to be the most capable multi-role fighter by the US Navy
- With capability to attack targets in the air and surface
- With larger fuel storage for increased range
- With reduced ballistic vulnerability
- With capability for advanced electronic warfare
- With 11 weapon stations and a full complement of advanced weaponry which include laser-guided bombs
- Powered by F414-GE-400 GE engines that allow for reduced radar signature and increased airflow
- With high combat capability due to its unlimited angle of attack
3. Eurofighter Typhoon (European Union)
The original technology of this aircraft was developed in 1986 by the European Union, in particular by Italy, Germany, the UK and Spain. It was designed to have an interceptor that is beyond visual range and to carry European-designed missiles.
- With a strong airframe and low radar profile
- Made from materials that are 30 percent lighter than traditional materials used in many military aircrafts, giving the plane a boost in terms of performance and range
- With twin engines that use advanced health monitoring for maintainability and reliability, allowing it to fly up to 1,000 hours without the need for unscheduled maintenance
- With capability for air and ground attacks
- Carries powerful weaponry including short-range missiles and the latest beyond-visual-range (BVR) missiles. It also has a laser designator pod (LDP) which shows a more precise location of targets
4. Dassault Rafale (France)
This aircraft is described to be an omni-role fighter and is used by both the French Navy and French Air Force.
- Features some of the latest avionics system
- With reduced radar detectability
- Easy to maneuver and is designed to have excellent agility with capability to simultaneously perform reconnaissance, interdiction and nuclear deterrent missions.
- With capability to track 40 targets at one time
5. Sukhoi Su-27 (Russia)
This aircraft was primarily developed for the air defense interceptors of the Soviet and was first introduced in the 1980s. Despite its age, the Sukhoi Su-27 is still considered to be one of the best military aircrafts in the world.
- Operated by lightweight twin engines for increased maneuverability and long-range capability
- Carries up to 10 air-to-air missiles, giving it excellent combat persistence
- With capability for both air and ground attack
- With advanced countermeasures for increased survivability
We have just listed five of the best military fighter planes in the world. While these aircrafts are crucial in gaining an upper arm in military warfare, pilot performance is also a key factor in the actual performance of these planes and also in winning the war.